A VPN is primarily used to create a connection tunnel between your computer and remote servers. This allows you to access services blocked in your countryVPNs are great for when you want to block your network traffic from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) in cases where you don’t want them to know where you are browsing (or downloading, uploading, etc.), or need to be private. when processing professional or personal data.
Windows 10 comes with full support for the point-to-point tunneling protocol ( PPTP ), which allows it to create a very secure tunnel, we will be using PureVPN in this tutorial but you can use any VPN.
However, I recommend that you invest in a premium VPN and avoid free VPNs, as some use your private data for business purposes. If you worry about the price of paid VPNs, then take advantage of the VPN offers during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It’s the time when you can get some premium VPNs at a lower cost.
In this easy-to-follow tutorial, you will see how to add a VPN on Windows 10 without installing anything.
How to connect to a VPN in Windows 10
Method 1: Configuring The VPN Manually
We are now going to configure the VPN for Windows 10, follow these steps for the manual method, and then we will see how to use the software.
Step 1: Click on the icon for your current connection in the taskbar next to the clock and then choose “Network & Internet settings. ” You can also use the command ms-settings:network-vpnin Run ( win+ R).
Step 2: In the VPN tab, click on “Add a VPN connection.”
Step 3: Fill in the following information:
- VPN provider: Choose Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: Put any name here to memorize the VPN. If you want to use several servers, put the name of the country hosting the server so you can easily find it.
- Server name or address: Copy the VPN server you want from this list according to the country and city you want.
- Virtual private network type: Leave the type Automatic.
- Login Information Type: Enter the Username and Password.
- Then click on “Save. “
Step 4: After that, we will connect to the VPN server. You can connect from the Settings window or by the connection icon next to the clock.
The connection is fast. If you cannot connect, contact the support of your VPN provider. If you need to change VPN connection information or specify additional settings, such as proxy settings, choose the VPN connection and select Advanced options.
Method 2: Connect VPN Using the VPN’s Official Application
If you don’t want to use the manual connection, there is another way to connect to your VPN server through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- You can download the app from the official website of your VPN provider. After downloading, run the installer.
- Accept the terms of the user license by clicking on “I Agree, “don’t worry you will be able to change the display language after installation.
- Choose a destination folder, then click “Install” to begin the installation.
- Click on “CONNECTION. “
- Enter the connection information (username and password), then type Enter.
- Then choose the type of connection according to your need and the preferred server.
And there you have it, dear reader, you now know how to configure your VPN under Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you need help.